Knowledgeable New Jersey Divorce Firm Provides Guidance and Advice
Dedicated attorney helps individuals in the Jersey City area with alimony, custody and more
Divorce is never easy, even when both partners agree that it's the right decision. The dissolution of a marriage involves crucial decisions about how your shared property will be divided and how your children will be cared for. At the Law Office of Matthew Gerber, our lawyer aims to help clients in the Jersey City area and throughout New Jersey to get through their divorces without added stress or difficulty. Our knowledge of New Jersey laws and practices enables us to provide advice on all aspects of divorce, and to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Committed advocate strives for fair support and property arrangements
The attorney at the Law Office of Matthew Gerber will work to develop the best possible solutions for all aspects of your divorce, which may include:
- Child custody and visitation — Court orders determine where your child will live, how parenting time will be split and to what degree each parent gets to make decisions about their child's life. We will work to ensure your parental rights are protected while advocating for your children’s welfare.
- Child support — A number of factors are used to calculate child support payments, from each parent's income to each child's particular needs. We will seek an order that’s fair to all parties.
- Distribution of property — The division of your home and other assets often depends on whether property is owned by a couple or by just one spouse. We will help you seek a fair division of the marital estate.
- Division of marital debts — Both spouses may be accountable for debts accrued by the couple, or one partner may be found to be more responsible.
- Spousal support and temporary support — Whether you seek spousal support, also known as alimony, on a permanent or temporary basis, or must pay it, our attorneys will seek a fair determination so that divorce doesn’t leave you financially strapped.
With commitment and conviction, we argue for fair arrangements, always keeping in mind your best interests and those of your children.
Effective family lawyer handles mediation and litigation
The course that your divorce takes will depend on your circumstances. Most couples will first try to work things out in mediation rather than opting to let a judge decide the terms of their divorce. Mediation gives you and your spouse the opportunity to negotiate a divorce settlement in a structured setting through a trained facilitator, in a process that fosters cooperation and removes the unpredictability and uncertainty of litigation. It also often reduces the time and cost of divorce, and puts the decisions in your hands.
If litigation is necessary to reach just and equitable resolutions to alimony, custody and other matters, our skilled litigator is prepared to advocate on your behalf in court in pursuit of the most favorable outcome.
Contact a skilled New Jersey divorce firm
At the Law Office of Matthew Gerber, in Jersey City, we represent divorcing spouses throughout New Jersey. Call us at (201) 208-3637 or contact us online to schedule a Free consultation with a qualified family law attorney.